Is your description dull? Does your figurative language fall flat? Are you forever stating the obvious in the quest to depict your world? Never fear! Here are some resources on effective description to help you put the punch back in your writing.
- Dr. K & Dr. E
Ever have trouble finding boots in the right color? Tried spray-painting them and ended up with a dry, cracked mess?
A fantastic friend recently advised me to paint leather boots (and any other leather goods) with floral paint. This is a spray paint that is light and flexible enough to use on live flowers. Above are the Poison Ivy boots I painted for a friend, which turned out fantastic.
One thing though: Wear them while you paint them, and maybe stretch your foot around in between coats. I didn’t think of this, and while the paint did not crack at all, it started to split where the boots were stretched from walking. Next time I paint some boots, I’ll let you know if I was able to fix this problem.
The paint I used is called Design Master, and you can find it at Michael’s or Joann Fabrics. In the stores near me, Michael’s had a better selection of colors and a slightly better price, but that may not be true everywhere. This color is “Holiday Green.”
Great alternative to spray rubber and plasti-dip or bootcovers, and cheaper than leather paint! Reminder that Michaels and JoAnns both frequently offer 50% off coupons and will match competitor coupons and offers!!
just teenagers. [listen]
we’re just a bunch of teenagers. we can’t handle this.
01. kids - mikkey ekko / 02. wake me up - avicii / 03. young volcanoes - fall out boy / 04. youth - daughter / 05. we must be killers - mikkey ekko / 06. pompeii - bastille / 07. hero - family of the year / 08. human - christina perri / 09. victims of love - joe lamnot / 10. the weight of living - bastille / 11. now - paramore / 12. bleeding out - imagine dragons / 13. children of the wild - steve angello / 14. this is war - 30 seconds to mars
feel free to add in any links!
4am // songs to listen to in the middle of the night or early in the morning when you need a good cry, want to reevaluate your life, or need help fighting that insomnia //
1. Amsterdam: Coldplay 2. Still: Daughter 3. Black Flies: Ben Howard 4. Can’t Make You Love Me: Bon Iver 5. Make You Feel My Love: Adele 6. Dead In The Water: Ellie Goulding 7. Sea of Love: Cat Power 8. Fire and Rain: James Taylor 9. Stop This Train: John Mayer 10. This: Ed Sheeran 11. Hallelujah: Jeff Buckley 12. Dust to Dust: The Civil Wars 13. We Don’t Eat: James Vincent McMorrow 14. Long, Long, Long: The Beatles 15. Salvation: Gabrielle Aplin 16. Gravity: Coldplay 17. I Hurt Too: Katie Herzig 18. High Hopes: Kodaline 19. To Build a Home: The Cinematic Orchestra 20. Homesick: Radical Face 21. Give up the Ghost (feat. Johnny McDaid): Rosi Golan 22. Asleep: The Smiths 23. Fjogur Piano (feat. Bruce): Sigur Ros //
calgary - bon iver / this is for keeps - the spill canvas / lover’s spit (redux) - broken social scene / tekno love song (kowbe remix) - cocorosie / judas (goldfrapp remix) - lady gaga / lifeforms - daughter / creep (radiohead cover) - damien rice / antichrist - the 1975 / power of love (frankie goes to hollywood cover) - fossil collective / possibility - lykke li
For when boredom strikes! (i’ll add more as i find them-more under the cut in categories!)
- 100+ cool games
- sleep calculator
- essay typer
- rice questions
- artsy-fartsy pretty thing
- survive nature
- tumblr music
- calming rain
- backgrounds [x]
- movies list
- loads of references
All credit goes to the masterpost…posters. Because they’re great people.Cheer up and Relax
- Ugh, Feelings
- Calming Noises
- Feeling Okay?
- Websites for when you want to…
- Cute games
- Coping Skills and Distractions
- A happy things Masterpost
- Feeling stressed, sweetie?Fun Stuff
- Hobbies Masterpost
- somethingpointy’s Masterpost of Bullshit Time Wasting!!
- For when boredom Strikes
- Good psychological games masterpost
- Learn To CodeMental Illness
- Anxiety Masterpost
- Bipolar Disorder Masterpost
- Depression Masterpost
- Eating Disorder Masterpost
- Mental Health Help Masterpost
- Panic and Anxiety Information Masterpost
- Recovery ResourcesSelf Harm
- Momma’s Alternatives to Self Harm
- Ultimate Self-Injury Recovery Masterpost
- Coping with thoughts of self harm MasterpostFilms
- The Big LGBTQA* Film Masterpost
- Studio Ghibli Films Masterpost
- Disney Films Masterpost
- Animated Movie Masterpost
- What do you mean I’m not 10 anymore?General Self HelpEverything
- One Big Masterpost
- Everything Masterpost
- Nicoisbroken’s Master list
- Literally Rad’s Resource MasterpostIn Case Of EmergencyOthers